The underwater world around the Yucatan Peninsula is astonishing indeed. This is a wonderful place if you are looking for an ideal spot for scuba diving and undersea exploration.
You can check out the ship wrecks that look like right out of a fairy tale and if you are lucky spot some eagle rays passing by. The amazing caves and cenotes of the area will be a special experience.
Diving in these underwater caves will introduce you to new scuba diving joys. The lime stone sinkholes are a great place to go scuba diving. However, you need to know some things before venturing out to Yucatan peninsula.
Things to know before scuba diving in the Yucatan Peninsula
- You can visit all year round as the water temperature is always warm and pleasant. The temperate climate makes this possible.
- The period from June to August is the tourist season, so if you are up for meeting new, different people then you will most likely want to visit during this time.
- Scuba diving requires expertise but you do not need to be a certified diver, you can enroll into beginner diving lessons and start diving as soon as you get here.
- Diving in the Yucatan Peninsula might be expensive, so be sure to look for Aquaworld dive shop where you can get your basic scuba diving training at affordable prices.
- If you are a certified diver, make sure you have your license of diving and the log book with your diving hours.
Aquaworld provides amazing scuba diving packages for the divers. The packages have great prices so you can dive almost daily. That is one of the reasons why it is said that Yucatan Peninsula is a paradise for divers and swimmers.
Great sites to dive in the Yucatan Peninsula
Second largest coral reef in the world!
The Yucatan Peninsula has the second largest reef formation in the world. The reef is a perfect blend of underwater flora and fauna. You can go scuba diving in these pristine clear waters and watch the marine life in action.
The reef known as the Great Mesoamerican Reef is second only to the Great Barrier Reef in Australia. Aquaworld provides amazing opportunities for diving and seeing this marvelous world. The diving experience in Cozumel is also something you must try.
Shipwrecks in Cancun and Puerto Morelos
There are many ancient and modern ship wrecks underwater too. Over the years the reef has formed in and around the wrecks. Some people really enjoy diving near these wrecks.
Wreck diving requires certain extra certification and should be done by professionals as it requires moving through congested spaces under water.
Aquaworld also has special diving certification courses. If you are a new diver, we will help you enjoy your vacations to the fullest. C-56, C-58 minesweeper, no I am not teaching chemistry. These are names of ships wrecked off the Yucatan coast where you can enjoy an adventurous dive.
The magical cenotes and cavers
On Yucatan Peninsula there are more than 200 Cenotes. These are natural marvels where you can go diving in underwater caves. A special cavern diving training is required before diving in these spots. Aquaworld will take you to scuba dive in the Tajma Ha cenote, a beautiful and unique place. Be sure to bring your camera!